Get dinner on the table in around 20 minutes with this easy stir-fry.
- 2 x 440g pkts udon noodles
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 (about 1kg) single chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced across the grain
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into 5cm lengths
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 fresh long red chillies, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 bunch choy sum, ends trimmed, washed, cut into 8cm lengths
- 80ml (1/3 cup) kecap manis
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup fresh Thai basil leaves
- Prepare the udon noodles following packet directions.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a wok over high heat until just smoking. Add half the chicken and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until brown. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken, reheating the wok between batches.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok over high heat. Add the broccolini, garlic, chilli and ginger and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until the broccolini is bright green and tender crisp.
- Return chicken to the wok with the noodles, choy sum, kecap manis and water and bring to the boil. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until the choy sum just wilts.
- Divide the stir-fry among serving bowls and top with Thai basil leaves. Serve immediately.