The steak sandwich is re-invented in this hearty summer salad.
- 100g sourdough bread, torn into 3cm pieces
- 250g tomato medley mix
- 120g Swiss brown mushrooms, halved
- 1 garlic clove, unpeeled
- 1 leek, cut into 1cm thick rounds
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 500g beef Scotch fillet steak, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon Weight Watchers Sour Cream
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 100g baby spinach & rocket mix
- Baby cress, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Place bread on 1 prepared tray. Spray with olive oil. Season. Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden and crisp. Cool completely.
- Place tomato, mushroom and garlic on second lined tray. Spray well with oil. Season. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Squeeze garlic flesh into a small bowl. Mash with a fork. Set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray with oil. Cook leek, turning, for 5 minutes or until golden. Combine vinegar, brown sugar and water in a small bowl. Pour over leek. Cook, turning, for 3 minutes or until caramelised.
- Heat a barbecue or a chargrill pan over medium-high heat. Spray steak with oil. Season. Cook,