A low calorie, gluten-free warm salad of porterhouse steak, baby Brussels sprouts and potato.
- 1 bunch baby carrots, trimmed, peeled
- 500g baby potatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, halved, cut into thin wedges
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 250g baby brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 (about 500g) porterhouse steaks, fat trimmed
- 75g shortcut bacon, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Baby herbs, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Place carrot, potato and onion on 1 tray. Drizzle with 1 tbs of the oil. Season. Toss to coat. Roast, turning halfway through cooking time, for 35 minutes or until tender. Place sprouts on remaining tray. Drizzle with 2 tsp of the oil. Season. Toss to combine. Roast, turning halfway through cooking time, for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour 1 tsp of the oil over the steak. Season. Cook, turning, for 3-4 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Rest for 3 minutes. Heat remaining oil in pan over low heat. Cook bacon, stirring, for 2 minutes or until golden. Remove from heat. Stir in combined vinegar and mustard. Season with pepper.
- Thinly slice steak. Combine the steak, carrot mixture and brussels sprouts in a large bowl. Divide among plates. Drizzle with bacon dressing and sprinkle with herbs.