This recipe is easy to make and really tasty! Try it out!
- 1kg (about 30) medium green king prawns, peeled, tail intact, deveined
- 70g (3/4 cup) dried (packaged) breadcrumbs
- 80g (1/2 cup) sesame seeds
- 100g (2/3 cup) plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- Peanut oil, to shallow-fry
- 160ml (2/3 cup) Campbell's Real Stock Chicken
- 125ml (1/2 cup) honey
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon water
- Use a small sharp knife to cut a slit along the back of each prawn (don't cut all the way though). Use your fingers to gently open each prawn to sit flat.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and sesame seeds in a bowl. Place flour and egg into 2 separate bowls. Toss the prawns in the flour and shake off any excess. Dip 1 prawn at a time in the egg, then the breadcrumb mixture, pressing firmly to coat. Place, in a single layer, on a plate. (To freeze, see notes.)
- To make the honey sauce, combine the stock, honey, soy sauce, ginger and chilli in small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Combine cornflour and water and add to the honey mixture. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Add enough peanut oil to a large frying pan to reach a depth of 1cm. Heat over medium heat. Add 6 prawns and cook for 1 minute each side or until just cooked through. Drain on paper towel. Repeat with remaining prawns, in 5 more batches, adding extra oil and reheating the frying pan between batches. Serve immediately with honey sauce.