You only need 6 ingredients and 30 minutes to create this classic chicken and corn soup. Too easy!
- 3 cups (750ml) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 3cm piece ginger, roughly chopped
- 3 spring onions, cut into 5cm lengths
- 2 x 180g skinless chicken breast fillets, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 large red capsicum, chopped
- 2 cups (300g) frozen corn
- Combine the chicken stock with 1L (4 cups) of water, the chopped ginger and the spring onion in a large saucepan, and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium, add the chicken and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Halfway through the cooking time, add the chopped capsicum. Remove the chicken from the soup and slice thickly.
- Meanwhile, place the corn in the stock and cook for 3 minutes. Divide the sliced chicken among 4 serving bowls and pour the soup over top.