Look out for swordfish at your local fishmonger or shops. A great fish to bake in the oven.
- 4 pieces of swordfish (or 1 kilogram)
- 1 onion finely diced
- 4 cloves of garlic sliced thinly
- 800 grams tomatoes chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons green olives (black kalamata if you prefer)
- Chopped mint and oregano
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Preheat oven to 180oC.
- Mix all ingredients together with 2 tablespoons olive oil (except the swordfish).
- In a baking dish add in half the mixture.
- Place fish on top and poor over the remaining mixture.
- Drizzle with some more oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- When 20 minutes is remaining remove the foil and continue to bake.
- Serve with wedges of lemon, baked potatoes and possibly some green beans.