One of my favourite ways to eat potatoes
- 7 medium sized potatoes sliced thinly (half a centimetre in thickness)
- 2 medium onions sliced thinly
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tablespoon lightly crushed fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Preheat oven to 180oC.
- Place garlic, fennel seeds and olive oil in a bowl.
- Mix vegetable stock and tomato paste together.
- Place onions on the bottom of the dish and then spread the potatoes slices over them to fill the dish.
- Mix the stock mixture and olive oil mixture together and spread evenly over the potatoes.
- Season with pepper.
- Place in the oven for 1 hour or until potatoes have been cooked through and they are crispy on top.