This recipe is easy to make and really tasty! Try it out!
- 250g squid tubes, sliced into rings
- 12 green prawns, peeled, deveined, tails intact
- 400g firm white fish, cut into 2cm pieces
- 100g whitebait
- 2 (about 200g) zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch thin asparagus, ends trimmed
- 12 sage leaves
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Sunflower oil, for deep-frying
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Place seafood, vegetables and sage on paper towel to remove any excess moisture. Sift self-raising flour and cornflour into a bowl, add bicarbonate of soda, season with salt and pepper and slowly whisk in 350ml chilled water to form a smooth batter.
- Half fill a deep-fryer or large saucepan with oil and heat to 190