Thanks to this tasty recipe, speedy dinners are covered. All you need to do is pick up a few ingredients and your meal is ready in four simple steps.
- 1.5L (6 cups) cold water
- 1 brown onion, halved
- 2 (250g each) single chicken breast fillets
- 400g Baby Coliban (Chat) potatoes (see note)
- 3 celery sticks, trimmed, cut into 5cm matchsticks
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed, quartered, thinly sliced
- 150g (1 cup) large seedless red grapes, halved
- 90g (1/3 cup) low-fat Greek-style natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Place the water and onion in a large saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to the boil. Add the chicken. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool slightly. Coarsely shred the chicken.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold running water. Halve.
- Place chicken, potato, celery, fennel and grape in a large bowl. Combine the yoghurt, lemon juice, tarragon and half the chives in a small bowl. Add to the salad and gently toss to combine. Top with remaining chives.