These easy pot pies are perfect for busy weeks.
- 500g sebago potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 300ml tub light cooking cream
- 80g margarine spread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 700g chicken breast fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 medium leeks, trimmed, cut into 2cm-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return to the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Add 2 tablespoons cream and 1 tablespoon spread. Mash until smooth.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 5 minutes or until browned and just cooked through. Transfer to a bowl.
- Reduce heat to low. Add remaining spread to pan. Add leek. Cook, covered, for 6 to 8 minutes or until softened. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually add remaining cream, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens. Return chicken to pan and combine well.
- Spoon chicken mixture among four 2-cup-capacity ovenproof dishes. Dollop with mash. Spray with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place dishes on a large baking tray. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until potato is golden and mixture is bubbling around the edges. Serve.