This recipe is great for anyone entertaining on a budget.
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves and stalks roughly chopped
- 1 long green chilli, sliced
- 1 lime, zested, juiced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 600ml buttermilk
- 1kg beef skirt steak (see note)
- 2 baby cos lettuce, outer leaves removed
- 1 bunch radish, stems trimmed to 1cm, quartered
- 3 Lebanese cucumbers, sliced into long wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine coriander, chilli, zest and garlic in a food processor and process to a coarse paste. Add buttermilk and process to combine. Reserve 250ml (1 cup) dressing. Place steak in a large bowl. Pour over remaining dressing, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Separate lettuce leaves and place in a large bowl with radishes and cucumber.
- Whisk lime juice into reserved dressing and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Makes 300ml.
- Heat a chargrill pan over high heat. Remove steak from marinade and gently pat dry. Discard marinade. Brush steak with oil and cook for 4 minutes each side for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Remove from pan, loosely cover with foil and rest for 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice steak and serve with salad and buttermilk dressing on the side.