Fire up the barbie, make these beautiful barbecued prawns and enjoy a day in the sun with friends!
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2/3 cup (170g) Thomy Delikatess Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons thick Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 20 (about 1kg) green tiger prawns
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Lightly toasted crusty bread, to serve
- Lemon slices, to serve
- Place the garlic, mayonnaise, yoghurt and parsley in a bowl and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate aioli until ready to serve.
- Using scissors, cut down the back of each prawn to reveal the intestinal tract. Pull out and discard. Rinse the prawns, then pat dry with paper towel. Place in a bowl with the olive oil and toss to coat.
- Spread about 3 tablespoons (1/4 cup) of sea salt on a plate. Roll the prawns in the salt to coat. (The salt on the shell protects the prawn flesh during barbecuing, leaving it sweet and moist.)
- Preheat a barbecue or chargrill on high heat. Cook the prawns for 2 minutes each side until cooked through and the shells are slightly charred. Place the prawns on a platter with the quick aioli and sliced bread. Serve with finger bowls of water with lemon slices to refresh hands after eating prawns.