Create a delicious Thai green curry in a flash with this easy recipe.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 1kg chicken breast fillets, trimmed, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 1/3 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 large lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger. Cook for 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in curry paste. Cook for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add chicken to pan. Stir to coat in curry mixture. Combine stock, coconut milk and 1 cup water in a jug. Stir into curry mixture. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil.
- Combine fish sauce, 2 tablespoons lime juice and sugar in a small bowl. Stir into curry. Roughly chop half the coriander and mint. Stir into curry. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Spoon curry over rice. Top with remaining coriander and mint. Serve with lime.