This quick meal is a great way to serve beef.
- 100g miso paste (see notes)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) mirin (see notes)
- 1/3 firmly packed cup (80g) brown sugar
- 500g beef rump, sliced
- 270g ramen noodles (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 350g mixed Asian mushrooms
- 250g snow peas, blanched, refreshed, sliced on an angle
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Stir miso, mirin and sugar in a bowl. Toss with beef and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Cook noodles according to packet instructions, then drain. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, tossing, for 3-4 minutes until softened. Remove from pan and set aside. Add beef and marinade to the pan and cook, turning beef, for 5-6 minutes until browned and lightly caramelised. Return mushrooms to the pan with noodles and snow peas, then toss to combine. Divide among bowls and top with spring onion.