Throw another prawn on the barbie with this Aussie barbecue classic!
- Vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 1kg potatoes, peeled, cut into 1cm thick chips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mild paprika
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 4 x 230g Australian beef scotch fillet steaks
- 16 raw peeled tail on prawns
- 2/3 cup (200g) whole egg mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan to 180C (or a cube of bread will turn golden in 20 seconds when oil is ready). Cook fries, in batches, for 4 mins or until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- Meanwhile, combine oil, paprika and lemon rind in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add beef and prawns and toss to coat.
- Heat a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Cook beef for 2 mins each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Rest, covered, for 5 mins. Add prawns to the same pan. Cook for 2 mins each side or until just cooked through.
- Combine mayonnaise and dill in a small bowl. Divide hot chips, beef and salad among plates. Top beef with prawns and serve with mayonnaise mixture and lemon wedges.