Roasted pigeon is incredibly easy to do. Just stuff with thyme, sear lightly and then put into a hot oven for twenty or so minutes depending how well you like it. Allow one pigeon per person
- Roast pigeon (1 pigeon per person)
- Small bunch of thyme
- 2 bacon rashes per pigeon
- Salt and pepper, and olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200oC.
- Stuff each pigeon with thyme sprigs.
- Lightly sear pigeons on all sides in a frying pan with some olive oil.
- Remove from the pan. Season and sprinkle some olive oil.
- Place a bacon rasher on each pigeon breast.
- Place pigeons into a roasting dish and roast for about twenty minutes. If you prefer your pigeon meat to be rarer then cook for ten minutes only. Check the meat and then if you prefer it to be cooked for longer roast further.
- Serve with roast vegetables of your choice.