A South American specialty, ceviche, is reborn as sophisticated cocktail-party fare.
- 1 fresh long green chilli
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander root
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 700g fresh white fish fillets, finely chopped
- 185ml (3/4 cup) lime juice
- 1/ 4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 35g (1/2 cup) shredded coconut, lightly toasted
- 1 long fresh red chilli, thinly sliced
- 60g plain corn chips
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Preheat grill on high. Cook the green chilli, turning, for 2 minutes or until slightly charred. Set aside to cool. Peel, halve and seed the chilli.
- Place the green chilli, garlic, coriander root, salt and pepper in a mortar and pound with a pestle until a smooth paste forms.
- Place the chilli mixture and fish in a glass or ceramic bowl and toss to coat. Stir in the lime juice. Cover and place in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight to marinate.
- Stir in chopped coriander. Divide ceviche among glasses. Top with shredded coconut, red chilli, corn chips and coriander leaves.