Middle of the week, yes. Middle-of-the-road no way! Tonight's gourmet salad is a standout by any standards. Mustard dressing adds zing to this roasted vegie salad that's topped with juicy beef.
- 1 bunch baby carrots, trimmed, peeled
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced diagonally 4
- 50g beef rump steak
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 250g green round beans, trimmed
- 100g mixed baby salad leaves
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 220C. Place carrots on a lined baking tray. Drizzle over maple syrup and 1 tablespoon oil. Season. Roast, for 15-20 minutes, adding zucchini in last 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle steak with 1 tablespoon lemon thyme. Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Cook steak, turning, for 5-7 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Whisk the lemon juice, mustard and remaining oil and lemon thyme in a jug.
- Cook the green beans in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 5 minutes or until tender crisp. Drain. Thinly slice the steak. Arrange salad leaves on a platter. Top with carrots, zucchini, green beans, cannellini beans, onion and steak. Drizzle over dressing.