Just six ingredients is all you need for this speedy, budget-friendly dinner.
- 4 (75g each) flat mushrooms, trimmed
- 1/3 cup balsamic and roasted garlic vinaigrette
- 2 (225g each) thick beef porterhouse steaks
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 100g fresh ricotta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Brush mushrooms with 2 tablespoons vinaigrette.
- Preheat a greased barbecue plate or chargrill over medium-high heat. Cut steaks in half horizontally to form 4 thin steaks. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook steaks for 2 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, cook mushrooms for 3 minutes each side or until tender. Cook asparagus, turning, for 2 minutes or until tender.
- Place mushrooms on plates. Top with ricotta. Sprinkle with thyme. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Serve mushrooms with steak and asparagus.