Whip up this steak sandwich family favourite to savour during the week.
- 6 slices Italian-style sliced bread
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 500g beef rump steak
- 100g mixed salad leaves
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 425g can baby beetroot, drained, quartered
- 1/4 cup dijonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- Heat a chargrill pan over medium heat. Spray both sides of bread with oil. Cook bread slices for 1 minute each side or until golden. Tear bread into 4 to 6 pieces.
- Spray steak with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook steak for 3 to 4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil. Rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice.
- Combine bread, steak, salad leaves, onion, tomato and beetroot in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Make Creamy tarragon dressing Place dijonnaise, tarragon and 2 tablespoons cold water in a screw-top jar. Shake to combine.
- Drizzle dijonnaise mixture over salad. Toss gently to combine. Serve.