Shake up your weeknight repertoire with this stylish pesto chicken pasta.
- 4 (about 200g each) chicken breast fillets
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh basil, leaves picked
- 100g low-fat feta
- 45g (1/3 cup) pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons finely grated pecorino
- 60ml (1/4 cup) light and creamy evaporated milk
- 80ml (1/3 cup) olive oil, extra
- 500g dried spaghetti pasta
- Place chicken in a glass or ceramic dish. Combine lemon juice, paprika and oregano in a jug. Pour over chicken. Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the spinach and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until the spinach just wilts. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Transfer to a food processor.
- Add basil, feta, pecan, and pecorino to the spinach mixture. Process until finely chopped. Add evaporated milk and extra oil. Process until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook spaghetti in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and return to the pan. Add the spinach pesto and toss to combine.
- Meanwhile, preheat a chargrill on medium-high. Cook the chicken for 4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Slice the chicken across the grain.
- Divide the pasta mixture and chicken among serving plates.