A fabulous mid-week meal, prepared and served in less than 20 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 3 teaspoons ground turmeric
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 (about 250g each) single chicken breast fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 290g (1 1/2 cups) couscous
- 20g butter
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) boiling water
- 1 red capsicum, halved, deseeded, finely chopped
- 4 green shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup loosely packed coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- Natural yoghurt, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Combine the cumin, ground coriander, paprika and turmeric in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the chicken evenly with cumin mixture. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Remove from heat and transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, place the couscous and butter in a heatproof bowl and pour over the boiling water while stirring with a fork. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed. Use a fork to separate the grains. Add the capsicum, half the green shallot and coriander, and season with salt and pepper.
- Thinly slice the chicken across the grain. Spoon the couscous among serving bowls and top with chicken slices. Sprinkle with the remaining green shallot. Serve immediately with yoghurt and lemon wedges, if desired.