This flavoursomel salmon dish is the perfect midweek meal - it's quick, healthy and budget-friendly too.
- 4 (125g each) skin-on salmon fillets
- Olive oil spray
- 60ml (1/4 cup) salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 bunch gai lan (Chinese broccoli)
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Spray both sides of the salmon with olive oil spray. Add salmon to the pan, skin-side down, and cook for 2-3 minutes or until crisp. Turn and cook for a further 1-2 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, combine the soy sauce, sugar, ginger and half the sesame oil in a small bowl. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Cook the gai lan in a saucepan of boiling water for 30 seconds or until bright green and tender crisp. Drain.
- Divide the gai lan and rice among serving dishes. Drizzle over the remaining sesame oil and sprinkle with half the sesame seeds. Top with the salmon. Drizzle over the soy sauce mixture and sprinkle with the remaining sesame seeds to serve.