Lemon-flavoured mayo gives a delicious zing to this hearty midweek fish special.
- 4 (about 180g each) skin-on salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 x 500g pkt frozen peas
- 40g butter, chopped
- 3 green shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 bacon rashers, rind removed, thinly sliced
- 50g (1 cup) shredded iceberg or cos lettuce leaves
- 125g (1/2 cup) whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Rub both sides of the salmon with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the salmon and cook for 3-5 minutes each side or until the flesh flakes when tested with a fork in the thickest part.
- Meanwhile, cook the peas following packet directions or until tender. Drain. Melt half the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallot and bacon and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the shallot is soft and the bacon is light golden. Add the lettuce and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until the lettuce just wilts. Add the peas and remaining butter and stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make the lemon mayonnaise, combine the mayonnaise, lemon rind and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Divide the pea mixture among serving plates. Top with salmon and drizzle over the lemon mayonnaise. Season with pepper to serve.