Crispy and flaky on the outside and soft and squidgy on the inside. Just how I remember it to be. Delicious!
- 500 g puff pastry
- 400 g maltese cheese (if unavailable use firm ricotta)
- 2 large eggs
- 50 g grated cheddar cheese
- 25 g grated parmesan cheese
- 100 g peas or shelled broad beans
- Salt and pepper
- Take a little more than half of the pastry and roll out thinly to fit a small pie dish.
- Preheat the oven to 180oC.
- Place pastry in the bottom of the dish to line. Prick several times with a fork to prevent the pastry from going soggy.
- In a large bowl mix all the cheeses and eggs gently. Don't over mix as you do not want the mixture to be too soft.
- Mix in the peas or broad beans.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the mixture into the dish and spread evenly.
- Cover with the remaining rolled out pastry and seal gently at the sides. Prick the top of the pastry several times with a fork.
- Place in the oven and cook for 30 to 40 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.