Smoked trout and fennel are perfect partners in this light pasta dish.
- 800g orecchiette pasta
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 fennel bulbs, finely sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 500ml Bulla cooking cream
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 400g smoked trout fillets, flaked
- 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Lemon zest, to serve
- Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan, add fennel and garlic cooking for 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Stir in cream and lemon juice until heated through. Add trout and parsley, season to taste adding some of the pasta cooking water if required to adjust consistency.
- Add cooked pasta into creamy sauce and toss to coat. Serve sprinkled with pine nuts, lemon zest and extra parsley.