A marinated steak dinner to enliven the senses and packed with fibre and rich in iron.
- 4 (120g each) beef scotch fillet steaks
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups caramelised onion, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon rind, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 x 180g sweet potatoes
- 50g butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100g baby spinach
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- Make Oregano marinade: Place oil, lemon rind, oregano and garlic into a screw-top jar. Season with salt and pepper. Secure lid. Shake well to combine.
- Pour 1/2 the marinade into a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add steak. Turn to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour (see Notes). Add lemon juice to remaining marinade in jar. Shake well to combine.
- Meanwhile, make Stuffed roasted sweet potatoes; Preheat oven to 180