Tart and juicy grapefruit refreshes the palate after the heat of green pepper.
- 4 (about 880g) chicken breast fillets
- 55g can green peppercorns, drained, coarsely chopped
- 80ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 2 grapefruit, peeled, thickly sliced crossways
- 2 witlof, leaves separated
- Cut each chicken breast horizontally into 3 slices. Season with salt. Divide the green peppercorn among the slices and press to coat. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken, in 4 batches, for 1 minute each side or until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, use a vegetable peeler to peel 2 asparagus spears into ribbons. Halve the remaining asparagus spears lengthways, then halve crossways. Cook the asparagus ribbons in a large saucepan of boiling water for 10 seconds or until tender crisp. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a bowl of iced water to refresh. Drain. Transfer to a bowl. Cook the remaining asparagus for 1 minute or until tender crisp. Transfer to a bowl of iced water to refresh. Drain.
- Divide the grapefruit and witlof among plates. Top with the chicken and asparagus pieces. Top with the asparagus ribbons and drizzle over the remaining oil.