Here is a fabulous Christmas cake recipe which is gluten-free so the whole family can enjoy it.
- 850g dried mixed fruit
- 1 cup brandy
- 150g butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup gluten-free plain flour
- 1/4 cup gluten-free self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup blanched almonds
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- Place dried fruit and 2/3 cup brandy in a large airtight container. Mix well. Cover and stand overnight or preferably for 1 week, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 150