Mint and tomato rice make these Indian-spiced steaks extra special.
- Large pinch of saffron threads
- 2 cups (400g) basmati rice
- 1 cinnamon stick or quill
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 Australian Beef Eye Fillet Steaks
- 200g Perino tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Place 3 cups (750ml) water, saffron, rice and cinnamon in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Season. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 13 mins or until rice is tender. Stand, covered, for 5 mins. Use a fork to separate the grains.
- Meanwhile, combine the garam masala, lemon juice and oil in a bowl. Add the beef and toss to coat. Heat oil in a chargrill pan on medium-high heat. Cook the beef for 3 mins each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Set aside, covered, for 5 mins to rest. Thinly slice.
- Stir the beef, tomato and mint through the rice. Serve topped with yoghurt and lemon wedges.