Comfort food doesn't mean hours in the kitchen. Our speedy chicken favourite will instantly warm you up.
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 2 cups (140g) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup (40g) grated parmesan
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 small red chilli, roughly chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Pinch of caster sugar
- 4 x 170g chicken breast fillets
- 4 bocconcini, sliced
- Steamed broccolini, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place 2 tablespoons oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes until golden. Cool slightly, then season. Fold through 2 tablespoons each parsley and parmesan, then remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion and garlic, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add tomato paste, fennel and chilli, then cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add tomato, Worcestershire, sugar and 1/4 cup (60ml) water, then simmer, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until thick.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in an ovenproof frypan over medium-high heat. Season chicken and cook for 5 minutes, then turn and cook for a further 2 minutes until just golden. Transfer to oven and bake for 5 minutes. Spoon over sauce and top with bocconcini and remaining parmesan, then cook for a further 2-3 minutes until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted.
- Slice chicken and arrange on plates. Sprinkle with parmesan crumbs and remaining parsley. Serve with broccolini.