Tasty fish fingers of salmon are served with chips and an easy-made tartare sauce.
- 600g packet frozen sea salt & rosemary potato chips
- 600g skinless, boneless salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- Rice bran oil, for shallow frying
- Mixed salad and lemon wedges, to serve
- 3/4 cup light whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 gherkin, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Make Creamy tartare sauce: Place all ingredients in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 230C/210C fan-forced. Place chips, in a single layer, on 2 large oven trays. Cook following packet directions.
- Meanwhile, cut salmon crossways into 2cm-wide strips. Put flour on a plate. Season with salt and pepper. Put breadcrumbs on a separate plate. Whisk eggs in a shallow bowl. Coat salmon in flour mixture, shaking off excess. Dip in egg. Coat in breadcrumbs, pressing gently to secure the crumbs.
- Pour enough oil into a medium frying pan to come 5mm up side. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook salmon, in batches, for 2 minutes each side until golden and cooked through. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a tray lined with paper towel to drain.
- Serve crispy salmon with chips, tartare sauce, mixed salad and lemon wedges.