Semi-dried tomatoes give ordinary meals extra tang. So raid the supermarket deli, then turn this tuna pasta into something special.
- 375g dried fettuccine pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, halved, sliced
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup (180g) semi-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 250ml 30% less fat cream for cooking
- 425g can tuna in olive oil, drained, flaked
- 50g baby spinach
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until softened. Add mushroom. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes and cream. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Add tuna and spinach. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until heated through.
- Add pasta and reserved liquid to semi-dried tomato mixture. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.