The sweet apples are the ultimate partner for the tender, juicy pork and salty crackling. Add a drizzle of gravy and you're set!
- 2.2kg boned rolled loin of pork, string removed
- 100g prosciutto slices
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sea salt flakes
- 8 small red apples, lightly scored
- 90g (1 1/4 cups) sourdough breadcrumbs
- 1 green apple, coarsely grated
- 75g (1/2 cup) dried cranberries
- 75g (1/2 cup) pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh continental parsley, chopped
- 3 teaspoons fresh sage, chopped
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 240C/220C fan forced. For the stuffing, place the breadcrumbs, apple, cranberries, pistachio, parsley, sage and egg in a large bowl and mix until well combined. Season. Set aside until needed.
- Place the pork, rind-side up, on a work surface. Score rind, into the fat layer, at 2cm intervals. Turn pork over. Cut a horizontal slit in the thick end (don