This coconut chicken & rice soup with bean sprouts is perfect to serve at an Asian-style dinner party.
- 1.5L (6 cups) water
- 1 x 400ml can coconut milk
- 100g (1/3 cup) laksa paste
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 200g (1 cup) jasmine rice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (about 200g) single chicken breast fillet, thinly sliced
- 35g (1/2 cup) bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Place water, coconut milk, laksa paste, stock cubes, rice, fish sauce and sugar in a large saucepan. Stir to combine. Place over high heat. Cover. Bring to the boil.
- Uncover and cook for 8 minutes. Add the chicken and cook, uncovered, for a further 2 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and the rice is tender.
- Combine the bean sprouts, mint and coriander in a small bowl. Ladle the soup among serving bowls. Top with the bean sprout mixture to serve.