Baked fennel, apple and onion complement the pork in this easy dinner recipe.
- 1 fennel bulb, thickly sliced lengthways
- 1 red delicious apple, cut into wedges
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 4 whole garlic cloves (unpeeled)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 4 x 200g pork cutlets
- 1/2 cup (125ml) apple cider
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place the fennel, apple, onion, lemon and garlic into a 3L (12 cup) baking dish, drizzle with 2 tbs oil, season and toss to coat. Roast for 30 minutes or until just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tbs oil in a frypan over medium-high heat. Season the cutlets and cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden.
- Combine the cider and mustard, then add to the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes or until slightly reduced. Add the cutlets to the baking dish with the vegetables, pour over the cider sauce and return to the oven. Roast for a further 5 minutes or until cutlets are cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Scatter with parsley to serve.