The earthy crunch of hazelnuts with the richness of chocolate in this tart is a classic Italian dessert combination.
- 300g packet Careme chocolate pastry (see note)
- 100g unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (175g) golden syrup
- 1/2 cup (165g) Nutella
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Frangelico or other hazelnut liqueur
- 1/2 cup (75g) roasted hazelnuts
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Grease a 36cm x 12cm loose-bottomed, fluted rectangular tart pan. Line the pan with the pastry, trimming any excess. Re-roll the pastry trimmings until 5mm thick, then use a fluted pastry cutter to cut into long strips and place on a lined tray. Place the pastry case and strips in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180