This steamed fish recipe is great for anyone looking for a quick low-fat meal.
- 4 x 200g skinless blue-eye fillets
- 5cm piece ginger, thinly sliced
- 100ml Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Chinese rice wine (shaohsing) (see note)
- 4 baby bok choy, quartered
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Coriander and steamed rice, to serve
- Place fish on a plate and sit in a bamboo steamer. Scatter over ginger, then pour in stock and rice wine. Cover and set over a pan of simmering water for 5 minutes, then add bok choy, cover and steam for a further 2 minutes or until fish is cooked.
- Meanwhile, combine soy, sugar and sesame and peanut oil in a pan over medium heat for 2 minutes or until warm.
- Serve fish and bok choy with dressing, spring onion, coriander and rice.