Take a culinary trip to Asia with this classic chicken noodle soup using just six ingredients.
- 1/2 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 500g chicken breast fillets, halved lengthways
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 440g packet shelf-fresh flat Thai noodles
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- Combine 1/3 cup sweet chilli sauce and 2 tablespoons soy sauce in a medium glass or ceramic bowl. Season with pepper. Add chicken. Toss to coat. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add chicken. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a chopping board. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place stock and 2 cups cold water in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat. Add noodles. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until just tender. Using a fork, gently separate noodles. Add remaining soy sauce to stock. Season with salt and pepper. Divide broth and noodles between bowls. Slice chicken and arrange on noodles. Drizzle with remaining sweet chilli sauce. Sprinkle with green onion. Serve.