These succulent prawns are easy to make and will impress your guests!
- 1 1/2 cups coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 stem lemongrass, bruised, thinly sliced
- 2 small red chillies, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1kg green king prawns, peeled (tails left intact), deveined
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, deseeded
- 2 avocados, peeled, diced
- steamed jasmine rice and limes, to serve
- Finely chop 1/2 cup coriander leaves. Combine chopped coriander, oil, garlic, lemongrass, chillies and 1/4 cup lime juice in a ceramic dish. Add prawns and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate, stirring once, for 30 minutes (or up to 2 hours if time permits).
- Meanwhile, using a vegetable peeler, peel long thin strips from cucumbers. Combine cucumber, avocado, remaining coriander leaves and remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a greased barbecue plate on medium-high heat. Remove prawns from marinade. Barbecue for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until pink and just cooked through. Transfer to a plate. 4 Arrange prawns and cucumber salad on plates. Serve with steamed rice and limes.