Spicy peppercorn sauce tastes fantastic with these succulent chicken breasts and sweet butternut pumpkin.
- 400g butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 5mm-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 250g green button squash, sliced lengthways
- 200ml Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 135ml thin cream
- 1 x 55g can green peppercorns, drained
- 4 (about 150g each) single chicken breast fillets, cut in half lengthways through the centre
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Place pumpkin on a wire rack over a baking tray. Brush with half the oil. Cook under grill for 3-4 minutes each side. Add squash and cook for a further 3 minutes each side. Remove from grill.
- Meanwhile, pour the stock and cream into a small frying pan and bring to the boil over a high heat. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until reduced by one-third. Add the peppercorns and cook for a further 3 minutes or until reduced by one-third.
- Brush chicken with remaining oil. Cook under the grill for 4-5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Place chicken on plates and spoon over sauce. Serve with pumpkin and squash.