Marinated in coconut milk and curry, these full-flavoured chicken satays are sure to be a hit.
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons good-quality mild curry powder
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 40ml (2 tablespoons) Thai fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons chopped coriander root and stem
- 1kg chicken breast fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- Place coconut cream, curry, garlic, sugar, fish sauce and coriander in a blender and process until smooth. Place chicken in a non-metallic bowl, add marinade and stir well. Cover and refrigerate overnight. The next day, thread 3-4 pieces of chicken on each skewer.
- Preheat grill to high, grill 5-7 minutes, turning, until cooked through. Serve on platters with mango chutney, if desired.