Lemon rind adds zing to the butter sauce and is delicious teamed with chicken.
- 100g butter, chopped, at room temperature
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1 large garlic clove, quartered
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 (about 520g) chicken breast fillets, halved horizontally
- 500g fresh fettuccine pasta
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- Baby basil leaves, to serve
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
- Place the butter, basil, lemon rind and garlic in a food processor. Process until smooth and well combined. Season. Reserve 2 tbs of the butter mixture.
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Season chicken. Cook half the chicken, turning, for 3-4 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining oil and chicken. Top chicken with half the reserved butter mixture, then cover with foil to keep warm and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil over high heat. Cook pasta, following packet directions or until al dente. Drain, reserving 2 tbs cooking liquid. Return pasta and cooking liquid to saucepan. Add the butter mixture. Toss to combine.
- Add the tomato to frying pan. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until just tender. Add lemon juice and remaining reserved butter mixture. Toss to combine. Add to pasta. Toss to combine. Top with chicken. Sprinkle with basil and shaved parmesan.