Use simple Asian ingredients to create this stylish chicken and soba noodle salad.
- 4 chicken breast fillets, skin removed
- 270g packet soba noodles
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled, cut into long, thin strips
- 1/4 cup pickled pink ginger, drained
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup mirin or dry sherry
- 1/4 cup reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon wasabi powder (optional)
- Place chicken in a single layer into a large frying pan. Cover with cold water. Slowly bring to the boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Drain. Cool. Cut into thin slices diagonally.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Add noodles. Cook, following packet directions. Drain. Rinse under cold water.
- To make dressing: Place ingredients into a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring, for 2 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat. Cool.
- Arrange noodles, chicken, cucumber and ginger on plates. Drizzle with dressing.