Packed full of goodness, this chicken and chorizo minestrone soup is a delicious hearty meal the family will love!
- 1 chorizo sausage, finely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, ends trimmed, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
- 1 large (about 220g) RSPCA Approved Chicken Breast Fillet
- 1/2 cup (110g) risoni pasta
- 40g spinach leaves, finely shredded
- Lemon zest, to serve
- Flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Heat a large saucepan over high heat. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until browned. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery, zucchini and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until onion softens. Return the chorizo to the pan. Add the tomato, stock and chicken breast. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 mins or until chicken is cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate and coarsely shred.
- Add the pasta and shredded chicken to the soup. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6-7 mins or until pasta is tender. Remove from heat. Stir in the spinach and season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup among serving bowls. Sprinkle with lemon zest and parsley and serve with crusty bread.