Home late and hungry? This 10-minute budget-friendly idea is ready in a flash.
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar
- 1 slice leg ham, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, torn, plus extra leaves, to serve
- Heat oil in a small 18cm (base) non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Whisk eggs with 1 tablespoon water in a small jug until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Using a wooden spoon, drag cooked egg from outer edge into centre. Tilt pan so uncooked egg comes into contact with base. Cook for 2 minutes or until egg is almost set.
- Place cheese in the centre of omelette. Top with ham, tomato and basil. Fold up sides of omelette to form a parcel. Transfer to a serving plate. Drizzle with a little extra oil and sprinkle with extra basil. Serve.