Enjoy a restaurant-style meal at home with this Cajun steak with succotash salad.
- 4 sirloin steaks, trimmed of excess fat
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves
- 10 mint leaves, plus extra to garnish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 200g can corn kernels, rinsed, drained
- 400g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 3 tomatoes, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, chopped
- 1 piece roasted capsicum*, chopped
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream, to serve
- Mark steaks in a criss-cross pattern (so marinade penetrates). Mix zest, juice, chilli, oregano, mustard and 2 crushed garlic cloves in a dish. Season and add steaks. Set aside to marinate while you prepare the salad. Puree mint, oil, vinegar and remaining garlic in a blender. Toss with remaining ingredients, except cream.
- Heat a lightly oiled chargrill or frypanon medium-high heat. Cook steaks for 1-2 minutes each side for medium-rare (or to your liking). Rest steaks briefly,then serve with succotash, drizzled with pan juices and topped with sour cream and extra mint.