Create a new family favourite with this buttery beef and lemon pasta topped with fresh basil and parmesan.
- 375g fettuccine
- 2 bunches baby broccoli, cut into 4cm lengths
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 300ml light thickened cooking cream
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (130g each) Australian beef eye fillet steaks
- 40g butter
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- Basil leaves, to serve
- Lemon rind, extra, to serve
- Parmesan, finely grated, to serve
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente. Add baby broccoli for last 2 mins of cooking. Drain pasta and broccoli, reserving 1/3 cup cooking liquid.
- Combine lemon rind, lemon juice, cream, mustard and cornflour into a medium bowl. Season. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Season beef. Cook for 3 mins each side or until cooked to your liking. Rest, covered with foil, for 5 mins. Slice thinly.
- Melt butter in the pan over medium heat. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 30 secs or until fragrant. Add cream mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, for 5 mins or until mixture bubbles and thickens. Stir in pasta, broccoli, reserved cooking liquid and beef. Stir until heated through. Serve topped with basil, extra lemon rind and parmesan.