Creating a spectacular birthday cake that will light up the kid's faces is made simple in this step-by-step recipe.
- 2 x 340g packets golden butter cake mix
- 1 quantity icing (see related recipe)
- blue food colouring
- 2m flat liquorice (for wheel covers and trim)
- liquorice allsorts (for detailing)
- 1 musk stick lolly (for exhaust pipe)
- 1 cream wafer biscuit (for radiator grill)
- 1 malt stick biscuit (for bumper bar)
- 2 jubes (for lights)
- 4 mini Wagon Wheels (for wheels)
- 4 dark choc melts (for hubcaps)
- 9 chocolate flakes (for logs)
- Grease and line a 7cm deep, 11cm x 20cm (base) loaf pan and a 4cm deep, 23cm (base) square cake pan.
- Preheat oven to 180