Mint and coriander add freshness and flavour to this smooth beetroot dip.
- 4 (about 600g) beetroot bulbs, unpeeled, roots and stems removed
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Turkish pide, to serve (see related recipe)
- Place beetroot in a saucepan of cold water and bring to the boil over high heat. Cook, uncovered, for 40 minutes or until tender. Drain. Set aside for 20 minutes to cool.
- Wearing rubber gloves to avoid staining your hands, peel beetroot and coarsely chop. Place beetroot, mint, oil and coriander in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and serve with pide.